When it comes to thinking entrepreneurially, kids come up with some surprisingly creative ideas.
Whether they need a little inspiration from their parents, or if it comes to them naturally, some children enthusiastically embrace the entrepreneurial mindset.
The entrepreneurial experience at a young age either successful or not will give your children a priceless financial lesson, and will prepare them for the future.
Our best kidpreneur example is 7 year old Kaden Newton :
Kaden Newton is the 7-year-old founder and CEO of Mac and Cheese and Pancakes, a nonprofit only 75 days old, that’s already collected and donated 28,000 pounds of food for kids.
7 year old, Kaden, has been a fan of the local food pantry since he was 4 years old. But he noticed one little problem… they didn’t have any “kid-food” that he liked. So On February 2nd 2017, he took matters into his own hands and created “Mac & Cheese and Pancakes”… a non-profit project to benefit hungry children in Kaden’s community. Kaden asks for “kid-friendly and kid-approved” foods. You can go to his Amazon Wishlist at http://bit.ly/KadenNewton and ship it directly to his headquarters.
In the first 14 days, he had raised over 10,000 items! Just past the 3 month mark, Kaden has received over 30,000 items and is still going strong! Kaden has now served North Texas organizations and food pantries in Rockwall, Dallas, Denton, Collin, McLennan, Wise, Kaufman and Hunt County. He has received generous donations from companies such as Amazon and Kelloggs.
Kaden is the proud recipient of the:
- Lone Star Award, an award presented by United States Congressman John Ratcliffe.
- the Matt Smith Outstanding Service Award and the American Legion Youth Hero award.
- He has been recognized for his community service and dedication by the Leatherneck Club (United States Marine Corps) of North Texas.
- Kaden has also been awarded by the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation and Generation No Kid Hungry in their #HungryFor contest.
- He is a proud member of Team NKH (No Kid Hungry)!
- In April of 2017, Kaden was nationally awarded with the 2017 KidTrepreneur of the Year Grand Prize sponsored by Barbara’s Bakery.
- Most recently, in May of 2017, Kaden was awarded a 2017 Helping Hands of Rockwall Starfish Ambassador Award from the organization’s CEO, Jon Bailey.